Your dentist can suggest routine dental checkups. On average, seeing a dentist twice a year works well for many people.
Our dental hygienist at German Dental Center is a specially trained, licensed practitioner whose core focuses to carry out preventive and routine dental check-up. They are trained to examine your teeth and gums to inspect for signs of decay, gum infections and other health problems.
Why do I need a dental check-up?
A check-up allows your dentist to see if you have any dental problems and helps you keep your mouth healthy.
What to expect at your dental check-up
During your routine dental checkup your dentist will
- Ask about general health
- Look into your mouth and examine your mouth
- Carry out treatment
- Advice you about your diet
- Inform you about your next visit for a dental check-up
Why happens during a dental check-up
- There are many hard-to-reach areas in the mouth. Places your brush cannot reach. Your dentist has instruments that can penetrate and prod into those places and check for plague, infections, or other problems.
- Your dentist can perform professional cleaning through scraping.
- He might even take x-ray to check-up on the jaw bones
- To look out for cavities that are not visible to naked eye
- To prevent tooth decay
- Your dentist or hygienist can ask about the foods your eat and suggest vitamins and minerals for healthy teeth
If you have gum disease or infection, your dentist can suggest possible treatments; change your brushing and flossing habits.