Dental cleaning is a part of oral hygiene. The purpose of dental cleaning is to leave the surface of the teeth clean and smooth so that bacteria or any unwanted material is unable to stick to them and you can easily follow your regular teeth cleaning care at home. Dental cleaning helps to get lovely, smooth and clean teeth. It is a specific procedure followed by your dental hygienist that involves the removal of dental plague (soft, sticky bacteria infested film) and tartar deposits built up in the teeth, preventing cavities, gingivitis and periodontal diseases. Dental cleaning is also referred to as ‘prophylaxis’ which means ‘to prevent beforehand’- so here it means to prevent gum diseases. Dental cleaning is not just essential for teeth cleaning but also to support a sound health and mind.
Why dental cleaning is necessary?
- To prevent tooth loss.
- Prevent tooth decay caused by the whitish film called plague. Plague can be removed by brushing, flossing and dental cleaning.
- Drinking coffee, tea, wine, alcohol or smoking stains the teeth. A dental cleaning removes built-up stains leaving fresh polished teeth.
- To get rid of persistent bad breath. Cleaning helps to get odor-free mouth.
- To prevent disease from spreading from our mouth to the rest of our body like heart disease, dementia and diabetes.
- Save money. By taking advantages of our German Dental Center hygienists you can save money in the long run.
Why teeth need to be cleaned by a hygienist?
There are many hard-to-reach areas in our mouth. For example the places in mouth where toothbrush can’t deeply penetrate. A hygienist at a German Dental Center does a professional teeth cleaning by using specialized tools like a scaler to remove tartar (above and below the gums). At German Dental Center we have certified dental hygienists those who methodically remove hard deposits on your teeth, leaving them fresh and bright.
- How often should you see a dental hygienist?
We recommend seeing a dental cleaner after every six months but patients subjected to severe periodontal disease must pay frequent visits to hygienist.