A smile makeover process requires beautifully aligned and shapely teeth through cosmetic dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening and orthodontic adjustments.
Porcelain veneers (also called dental veneers or dental porcelain laminations) are wafer thin custom made pieces/shells of tooth-colored materials designed to recreate and improve the natural look of teeth while also providing strength and resilience. They are bonded to the front surface of the tooth changing its color, shape, size, and length. They help in correcting dental issues such as worn enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, chips, cracks and tooth discoloration.
Dental veneers are made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist discoloration and reflect light like natural teeth. Porcelain veneers are cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Pros of Veneer
- Natural-looking teeth: Like tooth enamel porcelain is translucent and white. It reflects light just the same way as the enamel. Therefore it gives you natural looking teeth.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain veneers are ceramics. Stains are wiped off them just as on glass. So stain producing foods and drinks have no effect over them.
- Longevity: Porcelain veneers last up to 10-20 years if you follow a proper dental hygiene
- Instant Result: On application to teeth veneers give results instantly. You don’t need multiple procedures or appointments for the results to start showing.
Cons of Veneer
- Damage: Porcelain veneers can last for years but there is also possibility that they might break, chip or come off. Your dentist will have to reattach them if they come off and it could be that you need to re-do the whole process again in case they break. So take good care and not using your teeth in biting very hard objects/eatables.
- Irreversible process: Veneers are attached by removing a part of the tooth enamel. So once you have them you need to keep them on otherwise your teeth will look unpleasant.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Veneers increase your mouth sensitivity during the initial stages.
At German Dental Clinic we’re bringing you revolutionary dentistry. If you don’t have a great smile, we’ll give you one of ours.